Sunday, February 11, 2007

Landings - Part Deux

Sunday – January 14, 2007
San Carlos Airport (SQL)
10am


After spending the rest of Saturday doing mental touch – n – gos and obsessing like a mental patient on what I was doing wrong. I realized I just had to relax and fly.
My first landing today went pretty well and we were landing on runway 12 instead of 30 because of a slight shift in winds. After 2 landings on runway 12 the runway direction changes and we are landing on 30. We make a 180 degree turn and head the other direction in the pattern and with each landing I was on the cusp of setting those mains down whisper soft and straight down the centerline.

We did about 12 landings today each one getting close and the very last landing I greased it! I nailed everything from beginning to finish both in the pattern and then on final touch down the mains set down straight and sweet. Flyboy Stan tells me as I’m walking out of Diamond, ‘that was a great landing, you should stoked’.

Chuck Yeager I may not be but I am pretty stoked!

No comments: